Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Writing Was on the Wall

Well, the writing was on the wall. It seemed as if Sunday's run seemed harder than it should have.
Saturday, I slept in and then went back to sleep.
So Monday, when I woke up early and dizzy with a thick coating of mucous in my sinuses, it shouldn't have been totally unexpected. So many people have been so sick this year, I guess it was just a matter of time. I'm so happy to have this happen now and not the week of the race. That would really put me on edge.
So, no work on Monday, no work on Tuesday, and probably a half day tomorrow. When will I run again? Maybe Thursday. I will have to play that one by ear. It did feel good to take the dog for a walk today. I'm trying to remain positive knowing that this will pass and my legs have been given a break because I've been flat on my back until this afternoon when I've partially rejoined the living. The trick now will be to not go out too fast and try to do too much. Saturday's 5 mile race is questionable but I think I should be OK by then. Maybe not with a world record performance but still with a good effort. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment