Sunday, March 11, 2012

Week 13 is a wrap

Today's 18 miler was a hard run. The first 4 miles were but a warmup and then the fun started.
14 miles at marathon pace. My goal was to run 8:20 per mile and I ended up at 8:19, so I nailed it but the last several miles were harder than I would have thought. It's always tempting on a "pace run" to ask yourself, "could I keep going for x number of miles more?" The answer today was pretty obvious. Did I need to go x number of miles more? Not on this day.
Looking ahead, Daylight Savings Time will be a big help in getting the afternoon runs in this week.
The schedule for week 14:
Monday - rest
Tuesday- 8 miles with a track workout 5 X 600m at 6:40 pace
Wednesday- 11 miles
Thursday- 4 mile recovery run with 6 x 100m strides
Friday- rest
Saturday- Runnin' of the Green 5 mile race, plus I hope to run the last 6 miles with Mike Finger as he finishes the Chuckanut 50k.
Sunday- It's supposed to be 17 miles, but I'll see how I feel after Saturday and adjust accordingly.
Week 14 out of 18 WOW! We're running out of weeks. The big day is 5 weeks from tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment