Sunday, March 11, 2012

Wearing down?

At this point in marathon preparation, 12 + weeks of toiling away can take a toll on a body. It's hard to get up for every run. The running week started off great with Monday off and Tuesday a chance to run with Rick and Paul on a sunny afternoon down along the bay. I'm glad that I could make that work. A ride downtown with Diane and then 5 miles with them and a three mile run back home along a rushing and roaring Whatcom Creek.
Wednesday was a different story. The plan was to run 9 miles which included 5 X 1,000 meters at 6:40 pace. I did it, but it was pretty uninspired and felt like I was going through the motions.
Thursday was a rest day which helped greatly for Friday's 12 mile run after work. It was a very good run although it started raining halfway through and I came home drenched.
Saturday was supposed to be a 5 mile recovery run but I ended up bagging it and sleeping most of the day. I was planning on getting up early and getting the 5 miles in, but it was still raining from the night before so I slept in and then ended up falling asleep on the couch until 1PM more or less. Too late to run then with a 18 miler coming up tomorrow. That should be a big run. 14 miles at marathon pace (8:20 per mile)
The body is telling me to take it easy a bit. Time to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment