Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Starting to get antsy about training

Running every other day has given me some quality runs on fresh legs.  I'm still undecided about which training plan to follow for this Boston event. I'm tempted by Brad Hudson's Masters Plan but a little nervous about the fact that it's only three days a week of running.  Even though those three days are tough ones and marathon specific, it just doesn't seem like enough. I'm also considering one of the plans by Pete Pfitzinger and there's always the Hal Higdon plan that has been my mainstay for these past years. After racing on Sunday I wasn't sure what my legs would be like last night, but after loosening up, they were frisky for the 4.5 miles and extra hills thown in.  Tonight I went to the Y and erged it (rowing machine) and also did some core exercises.  It seems like it's time to get down to business even though Boston is still over the horizon.  Looking forward to another quality run tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment