Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Rain by the sheet

Yesterday was a wonderful 4 mile run on the Railroad Trail and through Whatcom Falls Park.  Pretty much incredible views of the sun setting over the islands as I crossed over the Alabama St. Bridge.
Today the weather turned and since I'm running in the Cross Country meet in Seattle on Saturday, I hadn't planned on running today anyways.  Instead I went to the Y and did some core exercises as well as 4000 meters of rowing on the erg. Probably an easy couple of miles tomorrow will do nicely.
Tonight I took Anders, the dog, out for a walk at 9:00 in what turned out to be a pouring rain, it was so windy and wet it was funny.  The rain was coming down in sheets. Definitely a memorable walk holding down my hood with one hand and hanging on to the leash with the other. And guess what? We didn't see another soul out and about.
Also, Cami Ostman has linked my story to her wonderful blog.

http://www.7marathons7continents.com/

A nice way to end the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment