Sunday, November 6, 2011

Running XC

A busy and active weekend in Seattle.  Yesterday was the inaugural regatta for the Whatcom Rowing Association.  We rowed 4 boats in the Frostbite Regatta at Greenlake.  I rowed in the Master's Mens 4 where we finished 4th out of 4 but barely.  This was the initial race for our association and it was great to be part of it on an absolutely beautiful day.  The other race I rowed in was the mixed 8 (4 men and 4 women)  we also finished last but had a duel going with another boat the whole race.  A great day. And to think that 90% of us had not rowed before this past June.
Today I ran with the Greater Bellingham Running Club (GBRC) in a 6k XC race in Seattle at Woodland Park, right next to Greenlake.  I finished last on my team as I knew I would but it was a lot of fun as well. A challenging race, especially when starting out too fast.
While in Seattle last night I saw the movie, 50/50.  It was very funny in places and sad in others.  I'd recommend it as I think it gives a good sense of the complexities of getting a tough cancer diagnosis and then going through the rituals and procedures.  Seth Rogan keeps it light.


Photos by Dick McClenahan
The money is starting to roll in from my donation requests and I am touched by the people who have contributed.  Thank you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment