Friday, November 25, 2011

Catching UP

And now it is time to play catch up after getting busy and not having time to update the blog.  A great running experience in West Seattle on Saturday for the Pacific Northwest Regionals XC meet in Lincoln Park. It's pretty obvious how out of my league I am on this based on how hard I ran and how slow my time was compared to every one else.  Good thing that I really don't care and REALLY good thing that we had enough runners not to make me a scoring member.  Those are good things, because it is so much dang fun to put the spikes on and run through the grass, trails, mud, and goo and leave it all out on the course.

This Thanksgiving finds me in Harrisonville, Missouri where I was able to enjoy an incredible dinner with my parents, my sister, Cindi, her husband Don, and their two lovely daughters, Elizabeth, and Natalie, along with their husbands, Colton and Vince. A huge thank you to everyone, but especially Elizabeth who cooked up a dinner worthy of international acclaim.  WOW, WOW, and WOW!



It was with a heavy stomach I ran an easy 6 miles through town on Friday morning.  This is my 4th visit this year to Harrisonville and I've managed to find some pretty decent running routes.  It's been kind of neat to run them in the different seasons - this being the first winter run.  I ran past the outdoor swimming pool in the Spring when they were filling it up, in the summer when it was open, in the fall after it was drained, and today - definitely not a good day for taking a dip. It really wasn't too bad but the wind was a little chilly. Even though my head and stomach were lethargic, my legs seemed to know what to do and I could have kept going for a while.  I'm thinking I must be in half decent shape.



After running I was able to take a drive with my dad out to the golf course where he has worked for the last 19 years and see the bench that they've built and dedicated to him for his years of hard service. This was really a great moment for me.




The afternoon was spent with a meal of leftovers and naps all around.  Now, THAT is what its all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment