Thursday, November 3, 2011

It all starts with the first step

Just like running a long race, this fundraising process starts with the first step.  A huge thank you to Chris and Sandra who are the first contributors. The ball is now rolling.  It's quite scary asking friends for money and it makes me squeamish.  The other side of the coin is that after months of feeling like there's not much i can do for my dad, now it feels like I've set a process in motion that might make a difference.

On the running front, tonight, after my teeth cleaning appointment I ran 4 or so miles on the Interurban from the vet hospital up to Chuckanut Crest Drive.  The view of the bay had that amazing after sunset glow to it and my run back was in that magical time between being able to see and not really.  The fallen leaves on the trail added a wonderful dimension to the experience. It was a sweet time.

No comments:

Post a Comment