Saturday, February 25, 2012

A wine tasting extravaganza

Thanks to Bill Pech, Cami Ostman, and Polly Favinger for hosting a wine tasting fundraiser last night. 46 people showed up and a good time was had by all. We sampled  drank wine from 7 continents, (Antarctica was actually water) had good food, enjoyed each other's company, and raised $1,300 to support cancer research.  According to many, the highlight of the evening was the 4 minute video where my dad got to say hi.  He was a rock star and that makes me smile, a lot.
A huge thank you to all who came and contributed.
Today was supposed to be a 5 mile recovery run in preparation for tomorrow's 20 miler but I think I'm going to pass, although I'm tempted to run a mile or two on the treadmill at the Y.  I'm going there to sit in the steam room and sweat out some of these grape juice cells.  If I don't run, it will be the first time in 11 weeks that I haven't run two days in a row. My legs are itching to go, but my head, and the rest of my body are not so sure.
Photographic evidence of last night's good times can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment