Monday, April 16, 2012

Off to the Races

Some last thoughts as I head to catch my bus.
John H. Schick, and all other cancer patients and surviviors, but especially you dad;
this is for you.
It looks like the running gods have thrown us a curve ball today. Of course, that's nothing new for you. Your life has been full of curveballs since your diagnosis, right.
Today's temperatures are supposed to be close to 90 degrees. The Boston Athletic Association is almost begging runners not to run today. The words of Lisa Bentley, the 6 time, or whatever, Ironman champ who I met before doing Ironman Canada ring in my ears, "Finish what you start."
That along with the tunes of Sweet Caroline, from yesterday's Red Sox game ring in my ears as I leave and start the walk to the bus which will take me to Hopkington.
Today's "race" is about survival, just like your lives lately.
Michelle Nolans article in today's Herald is one I like except for one phrase, "He hopes Bellingham's running community will support him."
They have supported me like nobody's business and I'm very proud of that.
So,
it's off to the races, "Good times never felt so good." So good, So good!

No comments:

Post a Comment