Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Week 5

Whoever thought that running at Sea Level would feel so good. After running at the higher elevations, running 14 miles at sea level was a joy and the air felt so thick with oxygen. Although, when I finished and Diane asked how my run was I started coughing and couldn't stop.
Go figure.
Week 4 has come and gone and I managed to get the 40 miles in despite going back to work after the holidays. Several of my runs have taken place at 5am and a couple have taken place after work. Either way it involves running in the dark. Incredibly enough, not too many rainy runs yet, BUT there's still a long way to go and I've probably jinxed it. Now it's in to Week 5 and I'm looking forward to next week which is a "recovery week" where I'll be able to take it a little easier. Sunday's Lake Samish run was a treat. I got to run with good friend Mike Finger and we were able to catch up running together for 2 hours as we completed the 1/2 marathon at a comfortable training pace.
Here's what we looked like.
This Saturday the Nookachamps Half-Marathon will be part of my 16 mile run and I'm looking forward to that beautiful course and my training plan also calls for running 10 of the miles at my marathon pace. I'm looking forward to being able to open it up a little bit.
This morning's 5 o'clock tempo run was a blast and it was nice to be able and hold a 7:30 pace for 5 miles.
Fundraising is continuing to go well and remains humbling but also amazing. I have raised $3,000 up to this point, and even though there's a long ways to $8,000 when I stop and think about it,
$3,000 is a LOT of money for people to have donated. A big thank you to all who have contributed!

No comments:

Post a Comment