Tuesday, December 20, 2011

This is the Winter Solstice?



After taking a day off, so I could drive my parents to Arizona, I got in my scheduled 8 mile run with 10 x 100 meter strides thrown in.  Running in the sunshine with a short sleeved shirt and shorts which my daughters would say are too short, it was nice to be in comfortable weather again. After running around the retirement trailer park a couple of laps to get the colon rolling, I was off on the streets of Mesa to a park where I was able to run  my strides.  Two days before the winter solstice, running in shorts with no shoes and no shirt on the grass was quite something indeed.  Something that I could get used to I might add.  A big thankyou to the Volkswagen "Rocket Man" ad for rekindling my love of Elton John and inspiring me to download one of his "Greatest Hits" albums off of itunes. I ran the whole 2 hours (or whatever it was) listening to his greatest hits on the ipod.  Such classics like "Tiny Dancer," Goodbye Yellow Brick Road," "Levon," and the current one ringing in my head, "Someone Saved My Life Tonight" was mighty fine.  I finished feeling quite good and ready for 45 minutes or so in the outdoor pool and hot tub.  Not a bad way to spend a Tuesday on December 20th.

No comments:

Post a Comment